piano

Tuesday 22 July 2014

Nurturing The Spark.

When I first stepped my feet to Kolej Mara Kuala Nerang, leaving the comfort of my home or in some cases, discomfort to become something in my life, I was very excited. There are few days in a human’s life when one is truly euphoric. The first day in college is one of them. There is so much to be curious about. I call this enthusiasm, the spark within me that makes me feel truly alive today. The thing is how to keep the spark shining?

I think we were born with these sparks, countless of them because a mere chocolate ice cream can make my 2-year old nephew hyper excited. When I see students like me and my friend, I still see some sparks, but when I see older people, the spark is difficult to be found. It urges me to conclude that as we age, the spark fades.

Envisage the spark to be a flame of an oil lamp. The first feature is nurturing; to give your spark the fuel ceaselessly. To nurture, always have goals. It is human temperament to endeavour, enhance and execute until full latent. In fact, that is triumph. It is what is viable for you. Just getting better from current magnitude feels good. If you study hard, you can make ameliorate of your rank. If you make an effort to communicate with people, you will do better in interviews.

However, don't just have profession or academic goals. Set goals to give you a balanced, successful life.  I use the word balanced before successful. Balanced means assuring health, relationship, mental peace are all in appropriate sequence.

There is no point of getting a promotion on the day of your dissolution. There is no fun in driving a car if your back is in pain. Shopping is not fabulous if your mind is full of stress.

You must have read some quotes; Life is a tough race, it is a marathon or whatever. No! From what I have seen so far, life is one of those races in nursery school where you have to run with a marble in a spoon kept in your mouth. If the marble falls, there is no point in coming first. Same is with life, where health and relationships are the marble. Your striving is only worth it if there is harmony in your life. Else, you may achieve the success, but this spark, this feeling of being adrenalized and alive, will start to die.

One last quality about nurturing the spark, do not take life too seriously. Life is not meant to be taken seriously as we are really temporary here. We are like a pre-paid card with limited validity. If we are fortunate, we may last another 50 years. And 50 years is just 2500 weekends. Do we really need to get so worked up? It is okay, ditch a few classes, fool around a few interviews, fall in love.

We are humans, not programmed devices.

Lots of ♥♥♥♥,
ZuBearMar

5 comments:

  1. yeah... after studying, we need to have some fun such as, shopping, have a walk, or at least have some conversation with friends.. treasure life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been in KMKN before. I think that is the exact feeling on my first day there. And yes, I realize that the enthusiasm in myself doing this and that decreases day by day. I guess I should protect the spark from the moment I read your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true, each and everyone of us has a spark, our own spark . (Y)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first step is the hardest. But the next step will make us 'adapted' toward something new.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me this spark is what makes me feel alive. Having this spark within me, it makes me feel this one kind of feeling which is inscrutable but for somehow I'm comfortable with it. I will definitely protect and nurture my spark.

    ReplyDelete